Where will the Mogul Meisters be skiing in 2018/19? This page provides information on all our club ski trips for the 2018-2019 ski season, including trip details and registration information. For additional information about the Mogul Meister Ski and Snowboard Club, or about an individual trip listed here, please CONTACT US. Want to register for a trip right now? See HERE.
2018/19 Trips Summary
- Mt Snow, Vermont, $245 (drive-up)(December 14-16, 2018)
- Stowe, Vermont, $438 (bus-trip)(January 4-6, 2019)
- Sun Valley, Idaho, $1870 (air) (January 26 - February 2, 2019) (wait-listed)
- Eastern Townships, Canada and Jay Peak Vermont, $660 (drive-up)(February 24 - Mar 1)
- Val d'Isere, France, $2615.00 (air) (March 8-16, 2019)
- Gore Mountain, New York, $330.00 (drive-up) (March 22-24, 2019)
Europe and U.S. West Trips
Sun Valley, IDAHO January 26 – February 2, 2019
There are a lot of great ski resorts in the United States, but none can match Sun Valley’s rich winter sports history – this was literally the nation’s first destination ski resort, with the world’s first chairlifts, where the very idea of the American ski vacation was born. Sun Valley changed the paradigm, and immediately became a hot spot for the biggest celebrities, the most important VIPs, and the world’s best skiers (and later snowboarders), and they have all been coming back ever since.
- FLIGHT: United Airlines NYC-LaGuardia/Denver/Sun Valley
- AIRPORT TRANSFER: By hotel shuttles, Hailey/Friedman Memorial Airport to/from Ketchum (approx 25 minutes)
- LODGING: Limelight Hotel, Ketchum Idaho (elevation: 5800 feet)
- New, centrally-located hotel in the heart of Ketchum
- Outdoor lounging plaza, first-floor lounge
- Outdoor pool and hot tubs
- Health club, spa and fitness room
- Shuttles to/from ski lifts
- Welcome reception included
- MEALS: full breakfast daily
- Also one group dinner!
- LIFT TICKETS: five-of-six day Sun Valley lift ticket
- PRICE: $1870.00 (double occupancy)
- Payment Schedule: $600 at sign up; $600 Oct. 3; $670 Nov. 20
- TRIP LEADER: Bob Loeb
Val d’Isere, FRANCE March 8-16, 2019
Appreciate the atmosphere of a traditional mountain village built around his XVII century church. Enjoy one of the most beautiful and modern ski areas in the world with 300km of slopes. 2/3 of the slopes above 2300m. The biggest snow factory in Europe : 974 snow cannons.
- FLIGHT: Lufthansa / Swiss Air (JFK/FrankFurt/Geneva; Geneva/JFK)
- AIRPORT TRANSFER: Geneva – Val d’Isere (Motor Coach, 2.5 hours)
- LODGING: Hotel La Savoyarde (elevation: 5800 feet)
- Traditional French chalet-style hotel
- Warm family-operated inn with excellent service
- Noted for its dining room and food quality
- Convenient location: walk to lifts and town; buses to nearby resorts
- Spacious rooms with modern bathrooms
- WELCOME RECEPTION: on arrival day
- MEALS: Breakfast (buffet) and dinner daily
- LIFT TICKETS: 6 consecutive days
- SKI OPTION: Les Arcs / Bourg-Saint-Maurice (TBD)
- PRICE: $2625.00/pp double occupancy
- Payment Schedule: $1000 at sign up; $1000 Sep. 12; $625 Nov. 17
- TRIP LEADER: Marc Fleisher
Mount Snow, VERMONT December 14- December 16, 2018
Once again, the Mogul Meisters will take over the Mountaineer Inn at Mount Snow to limber up for the coming season. Over twenty years and still going strong – always the first ski trip of the season, always the right way to start!
Mount Snow, less than 4 hours from Westchester, features 80% snowmaking on 589 acres, 1,700’ vertical, 20 lifts 18% green, 62% blue and 19% black. This year, Mt Snow follows up it’s 2017 snowmaking improvements with a new base lodge at Carinthia.
- Drive-up trip
- Two nights lodging at the Mountaineer Inn ($55 single supplement, if available)
- Two days skiing at Mount Snow Ski Resort (senior discount available)
- A served hot breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Wine and Cheese apres-ski Saturday
- Group dinner with wine at the Mountaineer Inn Saturday evening
- Extra day desired? Lift tickets $18 (and pay $50 directly to Mountaineer for room & breakfast)
- Price: $245 per person Double Occupancy ($175 without lift tickets)
- Trip Leader: David Oliver
- Assistant Trip Leader: Dan Kilhoury
Stowe, VERMONT January 4 – January 6, 2018
Some call it “the ski capital of the East”. Stowe’s famous Mt Mansfield location, modern village and mountain updates, along with the charming town itself, keep our club coming back year after year. Including the newer Spruce Peak area, the resort has snow-making coverage on 90 percent of its terrain, 100 percent accessible by high-speed lifts (including one of the world’s fastest eight-passenger gondolas).
- Bus transportation to/from Scarsdale NY
- 2-day lift ticket
- 2 nights lodging at The Commodores Inn with indoor heated pool, jacuzzis and saunas, and a shuttle to the mountain
- 2 breakfasts
- Saturday night dinner
- boxed meal for Sunday bus ride home
- Beverages and snacks also provided on the bus
- Price: $438.00 Per Person Double Occupancy
- Trip Leader: Harold Pressberg
- Assistant Trip Leader: Ellen Pressberg
Eastern Townships CANADA and Jay Peak VERMONT February 24 – March 1, 2018
The Mogul Meisters are traveling to the Eastern Townships of Canada, just over the Vermont border in Quebec and featuring four ski areas within an easy drive of our lovely lodge in Orford. We’ll ski mid-week for uncrowded slopes, and for apres-ski we’re nearby the Quebec vacation town of Magog on storied Lake Memphremagog, featuring French Canadian restaurants and pubs. Need more? We’ll extend this trip back into the USA with a visit to highly-acclaimed Jay Peak where we’ll stay slope side. The 2100 feet of vertical descent at Jay Peak is similarly uncrowded and features 79 trails covered by 9 lifts.
To seal the deal: your US dollar goes farther in Canada! (> 25% discount on lift tickets, food and drink)
- Accommodations: Manoir des Sables Inn (4 nights, Orford, Canada), Stateside Hotel (2 nights, Jay)
- Meals: Breakfast buffet daily (Canada)
- Restaurant Options: Town of Magog Quebec (10 minute drive); Jay Peak restaurants
- Ski Options: Mont Orford, Owls Head, Bromont, Mont Sutton, Jay Peak
- Lift Tickets: Included only at Jay Peak
- Transportation: Drive-up
- Price: $660.00US/pp double occupancy
- Trip Leader: Judy Rubin (Marc Fleisher, assistant)
Gore Mountain NEW YORK March 22 – 24, 2019
Drive-up trip to the authentically Adirondack Garnet Hill Lodge, close to Gore Mountain. NY State has been making lots of improvements and expanding Gore – now featuring 110 trails serviced by 14 lifts, including an 8-passenger gondola and 2 High-speed Quad-Lifts. Gore boasts 2,537 vertical feet and is home to the most skiable acreage in New York. Garnet Hill Lodge offers cross-country trails as well. An EASY 200 mile drive (approximately the same as Mt. Snow, ~3.5 hours).
Special lift ticket discount: Metro New York Ski Council Appreciation Days rate (one-day $42; two-days $75)
- Accommodations: Garnet Hill Lodge, two nights lodging (double occupancy)
- Meals: Hot breakfast buffet Saturday and Sunday
- Dinner: Group dinner at Garnet Hill Lodge Saturday evening
- Lift Tickets: $75 two-day ($42 extra days) (purchased individually)
- Non-Ski: Garnet Hill Lodge offers network of cross-country trails
- Price: $330.00/pp (double occupancy; Single Supplement $200.00)
- Trip leaders: Rita Garces (Kathleen Scott, assistant)
2018/19 Trip Registration
Our 2018/19 European and western ski trips will open for registration at the club meeting on August 21, 2018. Renewing members: These trips will fill up early so, if you want to go, don’t delay your registration! Our eastern trips will open for registration at the Open House on September 12, 2018. All trips have limited space, so it’s best to register early.
Trips longer than 3 days are open only to club members. There is an annual $35 (per individual) fee for membership. To become a member, please fill out our MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION. Non-members can register for trips shorter than 3 days for a fee of $25.00. But why not make the leap? There are so many other activities for members, it’ll be worthwhile. Seriously, become a member HERE.
You can register for a trip in the following ways:
- Attend the trip-opening meeting starting August 21, 2018 and register in-person
- If you miss the trip opening meeting, print out your trip reservation form, sign and return along with your payment to the club mailbox (see instructions on each form) or bring to a General Meeting.
- 2018 Mt Snow FORM
- 2019 Stowe FORM
- 2019 Eastern Townships FORM
- 2019 Gore Mountain FORM
- 2019 Sun Valley FORM (register for membership online before filling out form)
- 2019 Val d’Isere FORM (register for membership online before filling out form)
- Attend our Open House on September 12, 2018 and register in-person
Want to ask some questions first? EMAIL THE CLUB and we’ll send you answers, along with the appropriate form and instructions. Please advise if you are not currently a member. Trouble with that email link? Visit our CONTACT page.
For additional information about the Mogul Meister Ski and Snowboard Club, or about an individual trip listed here, please CONTACT US. Curious about our trips from last season (2017/18)? Check them out HERE.